PHILADELPHIA, PA (June 4, 2019) – WuXi Advanced Therapies (ATU), a Contract Development and Manufacturing (CDMO) organization dedicated to accelerating and transforming development and manufacturing for cell and gene therapies, is pleased to announce that Felix Hsu, M.B.A, Senior Vice President and Global Head of WuXi Advanced Therapies and Alan Moore, VP and Head of Strategic Alliances will both participate on separate panels sessions hosted by BioProcess International (BPI) Theater during this year’s BIO International Convention in Philadelphia on Tuesday, June 4th.
Since 2008, the BPI Theater provides biopharmaceutical professionals with a dedicated interactive destination to meet, network, listen, and learn about the latest scientific, technology, business, and financial trends impacting biopharmaceutical research, development, and manufacturing during the BIO Convention. During this year’s BIO Convention, PBI Theater will host targeted panel discussions and individual presentations focusing on:
12:00-12:45 p.m.: Emerging Therapies: Cell/Gene/Immuno-Oncology Therapy Modalities – Why Develop One Modality Type vs. Another? How Does This Impact Manufacturing Strategies?
- Chair: Patricia Seymour, Managing Director, BPTG, BDO USA
- Panelist: Alan Moore, VP and Head of Strategic Alliances, WuXi Advanced Therapies
- Panelist: Al Gianchetti, President and CEO, XyloCor
- Panelist: Susan Jones, SVP Development, Harpoon Therapeutics
- Panelist: Diane Blumenthal, Head of Technical Operations, Spark Therapeutics, Inc.
1:45–2:30 p.m.: Emerging Therapies: Cell and gene therapies: Keep it In-house or Use a Third-Party?
- Chair: Dan Stanton, Editor-in-Chief, BioProcess Insider
- Panelist: Felix Hsu, SVP and Global Head, WuXi Advanced Therapies
- Panelist: Bruce Levine, President Elect, ISCT
- Panelist: Joseph Rininger, Ph.D., Director, Cell and Gene Therapy, Latham Biopharm Group
- Panelist: Soenke Brunswieck, Head of C>, CELONIC Group
- Panelist: Joe Vitale, Ph.D., Director, Account Management, Hitachi Chemical
The BIO International Convention is hosted by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) and represents more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers, and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations to help grow the global biotech industry. During the three day event, held from June 3 – 6, 2019, more than 16,000 attendees from around the globe will gather for unparalleled partnering, education, and networking.
ABOUT WUXI APPTEC
WuXi AppTec is a leading global pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device open-access capability and technology platform company with global operations. As an innovation-driven and customer-focused company, WuXi AppTec provides a broad and integrated portfolio of services to help our worldwide customers and partners shorten the discovery and development time and lower the cost of drug and medical device R&D through cost-effective and efficient solutions. The advanced therapies business unit of WuXi AppTec is a Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) that is reducing the complexities of manufacturing by providing integrated platforms that enable cell and gene therapies to be developed, manufactured, and released faster and with greater predictability.
WuXi Advanced Therapies
Sr. Director, Marketing